Here are a bunch of tools that I use to better my creative endeavors. Let me know if any of these work for you or if you have tools you’d like to share with me.
Some of the links are affiliate links (meaning; I make a few cents if you buy from the links below, but it does not cost you any more than usual).
– Graphic Storytelling & Visual Narrative by Will Eisner
– Comics & Sequential Art by Will Eisner
– Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud
– How Pictures Work by Molly Bang
– Figure Drawing by Andrew Loomis (^This one is tough to find, but anything you can find by Loomis is great)
– Dynamic Anatomy by Burne Hogarth
– Perspective for Comic Book Artists by David Chelsea
– The Art of Comic Book Inking by Gary Martin with Steve Rude
Working with Scripts
– Words for Pictures by Brian Michael Bendis
– On Writing by Stephen King
– On Writing Well by William Zinsser
– Hi-Fi Color For Comics: Digital Techniques For Professional Results by Brian Miller, Kristy Miller